Last revised March 9th, 2017
Information We Collect
Information You Provide
When you use the Services, you will provide the following information to us:
Facebook Profile. Facebook login and Facebook public profile information when you register with the Services. This may include your first and last name, email address, birthday, age, work history, education history, currentcity, photos, and the names, profile pictures, relationship status, and current cities of your Facebook friends.
Additional Profile Details. Additional details you choose to provide, such as a bio describing yourself, as well as your dating preferences, including gender preference, age range, and maximum location radius.
Your Game Questions & Answers. Your chosen questions to host a dating game and your chosen answers to other Splish users’ questions. You may also choose to create custom dating game questions and/or answers.
Your Opinions. We may periodically conduct voluntary user surveys where you may choose to provide us with your opinions or other information about yourself, which will be kept anonymous.
Information Automatically Collected
When you use the Services, we automatically collect and store certain information about your computer or mobile device and your activities as follows:
your mobile telephone number;
your mobile device’s unique ID number;
your mobile device’s geographic location;
technical information about your computer and/or mobile device (e.g., type of device, web browser or operating system, IP address); and
how long you used the Services and which features you used.
Cookies & Other Technical Information: Our Services use “cookies” and similar technology such as “web beacons.” Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a site. Cookies are then sent back to the originating site on each subsequent visit or to another site that recognizes that cookie. Web beacons are electronic images that often work in conjunction with cookies. Cookies do a lot of different jobs, like remembering your preferences, and generally improve the user experience. You can find more information about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org. We do not currently alter our practices when we receive Do Not Track signals because there is no consensus among industry participants as to what "Do Not Track" means in this context. To find out more about "Do Not Track," you may wish to visit www.allaboutdnt.com.
How We Use Information
We may use the information we collect from you for the following purposes:
To host a dating game, participate in other Splish users’ games, and facilitate matches with Splish users;
To display your profile details to Splish matches and potential matches in accordance with your settings or block
users at your request;
To notify you about new hosted games or new matches, including via email, text message or push notification;
To respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
To communicate with you about Splish and related offers, promotions, news, upcoming events, and otherinformation we think will be of interest to you;
To administer surveys or sweepstakes;
To monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities;
To develop and test new products and features;
For research and publication on an anonymous basis, e.g., an article about dating trends;
To investigate and prevent fraud and other illegal activities; and
To provide, maintain, personalize and improve the Services and our overall business.
To identify you when you return to the Services or sign in to your account. This allows us to provide you with recommendations and display personalized content;
To keep track of your specified preferences;
To deliver content, including advertisements, relevant to your interests. Our interest‐based ads are subject to your preferences as further described in Your Choices below;
To conduct research and diagnostics to improve our content, products and the Services. For example, to track user trends or to see whether an email has been opened or acted up to better understand what users enjoy or find interesting about the Services;
To link your Facebook account;
To prevent fraudulent activity; and
To improve security.
Cookies allow you to take advantage of some of our Services essential features. Although most web browsers automatically accept cookies, some browsers’ settings can be modified to decline cookies or alert you when a website is attempting to place a cookie on your computer. If you block or otherwise reject some of our cookies, our Services may not function properly. For information on how to opt out of certain cookies, please review the section below entitled Your Choices: Cookies & Personalized Ads.
We may share your information with the following:
1. Potential Matches and Matches. We will share your profile data with your potential matches and matches, but we will only share your first name upon matching. We do not share your mobile phone number with any matches or potential matches. Your Facebook friends’ names and profile picture may be shared with your matches who are already friends with these Facebook friends.
2. Service Providers. We may share your information with our third‐party service providers that support various aspects of our business operations (e.g., analytics providers, survey providers, security and technology providers, and payment processors).
4. Sponsors and Co‐Promotions. We sometimes may offer contests, sweepstakes, promotions, games, applications or social network integrations that are sponsored by or co‐branded with identified third parties. By virtue of these relationships, the third parties may obtain personal information that you voluntarily submit to participate in the activity. We have no control over these third parties' use of this information.
5. Legal Disclosures and Business Transfers. We may disclose information: (a) in response to a legal request, such as a subpoena, court order or government demand; (b) to investigate or report illegal activity or potential threats to the physical safety of any person; (c) to enforce our rights or defend claims and (d) as otherwise required by law. We may also share your information with businesses that are part of the same group of companies that we are a part of, or transfer your information to another company in connection with our merger, corporate restructuring, sale of any or all of our assets, or in the event of bankruptcy.
6. Aggregate Data. We may remove parts of data that can identify you and share anonymized data with other parties. We may also combine your information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with you and share that aggregated information.
There are a number of ways you can learn about, control and make changes to how we and third parties collect, use and share your information.
1. Limit Your Own Sharing of Personal Information. In instances where you contribute information about yourself in the Services, such as in your bio within your profile, or while sending messages to matches, please remember to be cautious about sending or posting personal or sensitive details about yourself, such as financial information, home address or health details. This information could be made public by users of Splish or third parties. You may also utilize features within the Services, such as “blocking” to block messages from certain users or eliminate a user from your dating pool. For more information about blocking, please see our FAQs.
2. Profile Information. You may update or modify your public Facebook profile to change the profile data displayed within our Services. You may also update or correct your additional profile information or modify your dating preferences through the “Settings” tab within Splish. If you’d like to delete your account, you may do so via the “Settings” tab within Splish. For more information about modifying profile details or deleting your account, please see our FAQs.
3. Location Data. You can control your location information settings in your account settings via the “Settings” tab within Splish. As described above, we may collect your device’s geolocation data and save your device’s coordinates to offer certain features to you or to personalize the Services, such as to match you with Splish users in your city and in accordance with your dating preferences.
4. Marketing Communications. You may unsubscribe from receiving promotional emails and other promotional communications from us or from third parties at any time by following the unsubscribe links provided in such communications. You may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that if you unsubscribe from marketing communications we may still send you certain non‐promotional communications relating to Splish such as service announcements, security alerts, update notices or other administrative messages without affording you the opportunity to opt out of receiving such communications. If you provide a cell phone number to receive SMS messages from us for promotional purposes, you expressly consent to receiving SMS messages from us promoting the Services. Your mobile carrier may charge you for each SMS message you receive. You may unsubscribe from SMS messages by texting “STOP” in response to a marketing SMS message.
5. Mobile Device Settings. Devices and device system software provide certain opt‐out choices that you can control. For example, Apple iOS and Google Play Services provide an opt‐out choice that you can use to control in‐app advertisements, and mobile device operating systems provide opt‐out choices for push notifications or alerts and collection of location information. If you previously chose to receive push notifications on your mobile device from us but no longer wish to receive them, you can manage your preferences either through your device or app settings, depending on the type of device. Please consult your device settings for more information or to opt out using these mechanisms.
Your security is important to us and we have put in place appropriate technical and organizational procedures designed to safeguard the information we collect through the Services. Unfortunately, no security system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot guarantee the security of the information you provide to us. To help protect your information, you should log out of your account after usage, and you should not share your account information or Facebook login password, reuse such password on other sites or use a password you have used on other sites. For more information on password protection practices, visit www.ssd.eff.org/en/module/creating‐strong‐passwords. If you share your account information or password with others or allow others to access your account, you will be responsible for their actions. While you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your account information, if you become aware of a security issue affecting our Services or any authorized use of your account, please let us know immediately by contacting us at email@example.com.
We may provide links to other sites or apps whose information practices may be different from ours. Users should consult the other sites’ or apps’ privacy policies before submitting any information, as we have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties.
General Audience Services
Our Services are for general audiences, and we do not knowingly collect information from persons under the age of 13. If you are a parent or legal guardian who discovers that your child has provided us with information without your consent, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will promptly delete such information from our files.
If you are a California resident, you may request information about our practices related to disclosing your personal information to certain third parties and/or opt out of our sharing of your information with unaffiliated third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Please send your request (along with your full name, e‐mail address, postal address, and the subject line labeled “Your California Privacy Rights”) by e‐mail to email@example.com.
Changes to this Policy
How to Contact Us.